All About Dermaplaning – Hot Skincare Trend!
Definition of Dermaplaning: Dermaplaning is the controlled scraping of the skin using a sterile, surgical blade held at a 45-degree angle for the removal of dead skin cells on the outer layer of skin, as well as the fine vellus hair also known as “peach fuzz.”
Why should you dermaplane your face?
- Dermaplaning can be highly effective in minimizing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and acne scars, while leaving skin smooth, supple, and vibrant.
- It is great for prepping the skin prior to peels and enzyme treatments, and it increases the penetration of active ingredients in the treatment room as well as home care products.
- It creates the perfect canvas for makeup application and is the go-to treatment to prepare for special events.
How long does the treatment take?
The treatment alone takes approximately 30 minutes.
What happens to your skin after the treatment?
- You may experience redness
- Skin looks brighter and feels smoother
- Eventually, dead skin builds up again and hair grows back
Will hair grow back thicker or darker?
No, your hair will grow back exactly as it was before the treatment.
How often should you get the treatment?
We recommend once a month.