Korean BB Glow
WHAT IS BB GLOW?
BB Glow is one of the latest anti-aging beauty innovations from South Korea. BB Glow is a cosmetic procedure where a semi-permanent foundation is used that allows you to achieve glowing, radiant, seemingly poreless skin after 3-4 sessions lasting up to 6 months.* It is a safe and intensive skin treatment that can lighten skin tone, and assist in reducing the appearance of freckles, and other skin discoloration caused by acne, photo-aging, and age spots.
MTS (Microneedle Therapy System) is one of the procedures used during the treatment, giving you immediate results of skin tightening and brightening with a rejuvenating effect.
BB GLOW STEPS
- Cleansing – A cleanser is chosen based on skin type and applied to the face, neck and decollete to remove any surface oils or debris.
- Exfoliation –Exfoliating Gel is used to gently clean your pores and remove dead skin cells, which significantly improves your skin texture and color and aids in the absorption of active ingredients.
- Neutralization –Neutralizing Foam is applied, left on for few minutes and removed to restore the skin’s pH balance, reduce redness, moisturize and improve skin tone.
- Carboxy Gel Therapy – Carboxy Therapy is added before BB Glow to prepare the skin and optimize the results.
- Meso Serum (transparent) – This is another extra step added on to enhance your results. Using nano needling, we infuse a transparent meso serum to create more collagen, brighten and hydrate the skin.
- BB Glow Serum (serum with pigment) – The BB Serum shade that best matches your skin tone is infused into the skin with the nano needles and left on for 15 minutes.
- Mask + LED – to soothe and hydrate and the LED light therapy is also performed for 15 minutes with the mask on the skin to enhance the results.
WHAT CONDITIONS WILL BB GLOW TREAT?
This treatment will provide light to medium coverage to camouflage all your facial imperfections – including hyperpigmentation, redness, dark circles and large pores. Everyone will think that you naturally have perfect skin and BB Glow can be your little secret.
BB Glow will instantly and perfectly even out all your blemishes and discolorations. It’s a perfect way to have amazing skin for special events like your wedding or birthday. It is not only great at covering up your facial skin flaws, it will also hydrate your skin, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, reduce the appearance of under-eye dark circles, and reduce blackheads and clogged pores.
The BB Glow treatment is also great for people with rosacea, to help cover up redness and broken capillaries. The pigmented serum does not rub or wash off. So, you can sweat, shower and swim all you want. At the end of the day, you will still have that amazing glowing and flawless skin.
It is also good for your skin. The BB cream that’s infused into your skin contains many anti-aging ingredients, vitamins and antioxidants that will keep your skin healthy and youthful.
BB Glow will not clog your pores and cause breakouts as the pigment is inside your skin versus sitting on top of your pores.
It is a great treatment for those who, despite having tried all the latest anti-aging technologies, still are not able to remove stubborn spots. Now, BB Glow can safely camouflage imperfections and provide flawless skin.
HOW LONG DOES THE TREATMENT TAKE?
At Illuminate Plastic Surgery, to enhance your results, we pretreat the skin with CO2 Carboxy Gel Therapy. After your BB Glow treatment, we finish off the treatment with the LED light therapy. The entire treatment takes around 1.5 hours.
- Age spots
- Dull complexion
WHEN SHOULD I EXPECT TO SEE RESULTS?
You will see results after the first session, but for best results that are long-lasting, we recommend 3-4 sessions with a 5th touchup session.*
* Wash your face prior to appointment
* Do not wear makeup the day of appointment
* No sun exposure 24 hours prior to appointment
* Bring a hat and/or sunglasses to protect your face post procedure.
* 1 week prior; no facials, extractions, or microdermabrasions prior to appointment.
* Do not use any facial products that contain RetinA, Salicylic Acid
* Do not consume alcohol for twenty-four (24) hours before your procedure.
* For ONE WEEK before your procedure, do not use aspirin, Non-Steroidal Anti Inflammatory (Advil, Aleve, Motrin, etc.), Gingko Biloba, garlic, flax oil, cod liver oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E and any other essential fatty acids.
* Avoid Chemical Peels and Laser 1-2 weeks prior to treatment
* Drink Plenty of water prior to appointment
*During the first 24 hours, do not wash your face or use any moisturizers or makeup.
*Mineral make up and sunscreen (SPF 50) may be applied the following day.
*Avoid prolonged sun exposure for 2 weeks. If you are outdoors, sunscreen with SPF 30 should be worn every 2 hours.
*No sauna, baths or swimming for 1 week
*No scrubs or exfoliators for 1 week
*No strenuous exercise for 1-2 days.
*Do not use harsh soaps or scrubs or heavy skin care products on the face for 1 week.