PicoSure Tattoo Removal
Are you unhappy with the outcome of your tattoo? Do you think you made a mistake on the size or location? Perhaps it was an impulse decision or a cover-up gone wrong? Whatever the reason, making the decision to pursue tattoo removal is a big one. Choosing the right medical practice and laser technology should primary on your list of importance.
At Illuminate Plastic Surgery, all of our laser tattoo removal treatments are performed by our plastic surgeon, Dr. David Boudreault or our Nurse Practitioner Molly using the gold standard in tattoo removal, the PicoSure laser.*
*Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.
What is the PicoSure tattoo removal laser?
The PicoSure is the world’s first picosecond laser and the only advanced tattoo removal laser with PressureWave technology. PicoSure works by delivering ultra-short but gentle pulses of specialized energy to the targeted tattoo ink. These pulses occur so rapidly (a trillion times a second) that it causes a change in pressure below the surface of the skin that breaks ink about into very tiny particles which are then absorbed by the lymphatic system and eliminated naturally.*
The picosecond pulse width in the PicoSure is 100 times shorter than nanosecond technologies that are used with traditional tattoo removal systems. Clinical studies show that the PicoSure is able to treat darker, multi-colored and complex tattoos more effectively and in much less time.* Other tattoo removal lasers often require 20 to 30 treatments in what the PicoSure can achieve in 8 to 12 treatments.*
The PicoSure treatment is often used on:
- Multicolored tattoos, including blues and greens
- Difficult to remove black ink
- Stubborn previously treated tattoos
PicoSure has quickly become the leading technology for laser tattoo removal. Its benefits include:
- Reduced side effects – The risk of burns and scarring is much lower with PicoSure than other lasers. Also, patients who are treated with PicoSure will experience less injury to their surrounding (non-tattooed) skin.
- Can be used on all skin colors – PiccoSure has been used effectively for individuals of all skin colors, including African American skin.
- Highly effective – The PicoSure is a powerhouse treatment. Often, candidates for treatment will require fewer sessions to achieve results than traditional lasers.*
- Short treatment times – PicoSure treatments typically are over within a few minutes depending on the size and detail of the tattoo.
If you feel as though you might benefit from tattoo removal using the PicoSure laser, call to schedule a consultation with Dr. David Boudreault or Molly at our convenient Palo Alto location.