How Should I Prepare for a Mommy Makeover?
You’ve finally done it.
You’ve made the decision to undergo a Mommy Makeover procedure – and you couldn’t be more excited. You’re tired of feeling self-conscious about sagging skin and stubborn fat leftover from your pregnancies. You’re sick of worrying about how your breasts have been impacted by hormonal changes and breastfeeding.
You’re ready to feel confident again – and you know that a Mommy Makeover is the best way to get the results you’re looking for.*
But before you sign up for that surgery, consider this: there are certain steps you’ll need to take to prepare yourself for your Mommy Makeover procedure. Take a look at how you can optimize your body, mind, and surroundings for your Mommy Makeover treatment:
- Make sure you’re eating a healthy diet – one that’s filled with plenty of iron, as well as fruits and veggies. One of the best things you can do before your procedure is to set up a healthy lifestyle, which means getting used to see more nutritious options on your plate.
- Line up your home care ahead of time. During the first week after your procedure, you won’t be able to take care of yourself without assistance from someone else. Spell out these requirements to your partner, or arrange for in-home care to be at your house during the first week after surgery.
- If you haven’t already, stop smoking! You should also eliminate any medications that could thin your blood, including aspirin.
- Prepare your home for your recovery. Buy DVDs, books, and anything else that will keep you entertained while you recover. It’s recommended that you get a recliner chair to sleep in during the first few days after your procedure, as you may find it too uncomfortable to be on your back.
- Pain pumps and surgical drains are not something that we use every day. Make sure that you and your caregiver have clear instructions on how to care for them and that you are able to maintain close contact with your physician at all times if you have questions.
Get your pre-baby body back with a Mommy Makeover procedure.* Contact Illuminate Plastic Surgery in Palo Alto, CA for an evaluation to determine if you’re an ideal candidate for a Mommy Makeover procedure. Call 650.433.8621 today to book an appointment with Dr. David Boudreault.