What’s the Recovery for a Brazilian Butt Lift Procedure?
The Brazilian butt lift is taking the cosmetic surgery world by storm. This innovative procedure uses fat harvested from your own body during liposuction to enhance the shape and size of the buttocks. The end result is a more shapely and augmented butt – arguably one of today’s most in-demand physical features!*
If you’re interested in undergoing a Brazilian butt lift procedure, it’s important to understand what you need to expect from the recovery process. Take a look at what you’ll need to do to ensure your optimal recovery from a Brazilian butt lift procedure:
- Do NOT sit on your behind for at least three weeks after your initial procedure. Sitting before you’re ready can interfere with the natural settling of the fat grafts. Adjust your sleeping position to your stomach or sides, and adjust your normal working/home routine to accommodate as much standing as possible. If standing isn’t always an option, we recommend purchasing a special pillow called a Booty Buddy to relieve pressure on the buttocks.
- Ensure you have someone helping you at home for a few days after the surgery. You should not be driving by yourself while you’re on pain medications.
- Make sure you get the OK from your cosmetic surgeon before starting an exercise routine. Most patients are able to return to some form of exercise three to four weeks after the Brazilian butt lift procedure.
- Avoid hot tubs, tubs, pools, oceans, and any other scenario where you could be swimming until your incisions have completely healed and you have been cleared by your physician.
- You will be asked to wear a compression garment over the areas that were liposuctioned or about two weeks. You should wear this compression garment 24/7, except when showering.
You should expect some swelling and discoloration during the first six to eight weeks of recovery. Bruising and discomfort are common at the fat injection sites. Patients should also expect slight oozing or drainage on their incisions for a few days after the liposuction procedure.
Ready to add more shape and volume to your behind?* Contact Illuminate Plastic Surgery, Palo Alto, CA for an evaluation to determine if you’re an ideal candidate for a Brazilian butt lift procedure. Call 650.433.8621 today to book an appointment with Dr. David Boudreault.